New to kayak fishing

cswilliams22
Would like advice on a budget friendly kayak ? That could take add ons.

Re: New to kayak fishing

Yak Prozac
Take a look at the Emotion Stealth 11 Angler. I just got one and I do my research
I am on a budget bet want the biggest bang for buck as possible with as much utility as possible.

Re: New to kayak fishing

KayakDIY
Administrator
A Perception Striker holds around 500lbs and is crazy stable but paddles slightly slow as a trade off.  It is also a very durable craft that can handle loads of abuse.  Also the Perception Rambler 135 (tandem) can be paddled as solo since it has mid hull seat area.  The Rambler 135 holds 550lbs of gear, can be fitted with rod holders, costs under $500 (during sales) and is very durable. You can buy them for around $400 if looking hard.  Most people looking for fishing kayaks go with Sit On Tops.  Wilderness Systems Tarpons or Rides and Used Ocean Kayaks are also great bets for smooth paddling kayaks capable of being turned into fishing machines.  If you want a standing capable kayak then best tight budget option is the Ascend kayaks "new" or a if lucky a used FeelFree Lure & possibly a gently used Pelican Catch 120 series. Really are tons of options.  Without a definitive budget in mind the list is very long.  I was trying to think around $500 mark and less.  Vibe kayaks also makes some affordable options like YellowFin.
See Our Store For Other Options: Amazon.com/shop/KayakDIY