Jackson fishing kayak

evelyn.eva.watson
I love kayaking, so I decided to buy the Jackson fishing kayak. What do you think about this kayak, can you help me with some advices?

Re: Jackson fishing kayak

KayakDIY
Administrator
Jackson kayak makes great kayaks for rivers, lakes, and inshore saltwater fishing.  I however prefer different brands for offshore ocean conditions.  For one I find Jackson incorporates alot of hatches and with offshore that can be problematic if not sealed very well.  Also the bow shape is typically wider and doesn't arch up high enough to cut through ocean waves well.  I found the waves go over deck a lot more than other kayaks designed for offshore. Despite that one gripe they are phenomenal and well made.  The Jackson Kayak Kraken is the best option they have for ocean fishing but when compared to the competition it didn't stack up for me and I went with a Viking Profish Reload Z.  (THESE ARE MY OPINIONS).